Saturday, March 9, 2019

Things you may not think about, but I do.

Forms.  
Yes, basic forms.  
Signing Lydia up for school, gymnastics, school of religion.  
Forms.  
"While I’m pretty sure no parent looks forward to filling out forms, there’s one question that always gives me anxiety. When the question is asked on a preschool get-to-know-you form, it looks like this: “Medical information you should know about me…” It sounds like an easy question, right? For most, perhaps so. Not in this situation."
"How can I explain my daughter’s medical history on two lines?"
"I will try to stress the importance of her medical history without letting it overshadow who my daughter is — because she is not her medical history."
https://themighty.com/2015/08/how-to-explain-digeorge-syndrome-on-preschool-form/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...