Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Happy Birthday, Darling Girl.

Two years ago, on a rainy Sunday morning, my sweet Lydia Rose was born at 3:49 am.  She weighed 5 lbs 15 oz and was 20.25 inches long.  She had a head full of brown hair that we thought might be kind of curly...little did we know!

  


Today, my darling girl is full of joy, happiness, life and smiles.  She makes every single day better and brighter for me.  She weighs 22 lbs 8 oz and is 31.5 inches long.  And it goes without saying that what might be kind of curly hair is tightly twisted ringlets!

 


It's estimated that the cost of raising a child from birth to age 18 is $233,000.  I added up all of Lydia's EOBs and and so far she has spent $3,073,051.79 on medical expenses alone...thank goodness for insurance.  That doesn't even include diapers, her adorable outfits or her excessive hair bow habits.  She's priceless to me and her birthday is the happiest day of my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...