Saturday, September 26, 2015

Tip-Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me, then we're off to Italy

Remember my post about Holland.  I hated Holland last night.  I hated tulips from Holland last night.  I hated tulips and windmills and clogs.  

We got rid of our Monday, Wednesday, Friday night nurse for multiple reasons and I didn't like the replacement they sent to meet me on Thursday.  So, I was the night nurse last night and it's not so bad, especially with Dan waking up to do some of the feedings.  I sleep on the couch and wake up every 3 hours to start a feed, every 2 hours after to turn the feed off and flush her g-tube, then wake up every time she coughs, needs suctioned or needs a diaper changed, and every time one of her alarms go off. Needless to say I got about 5 hours of sleep if you patch it all together, maybe.  

Last night all was good until 2:30 when the apnea monitor starting freaking out and I started looking at Facebook to bore myself to sleep.  Facebook at 3:00am is like drunken text messages at 3:00am.  Both should be avoided.  My Facebook feed was filled with Denver, Ireland, New York, Rome, San Francisco, Spain.  Everywhere but my living room, everywhere but Holland.  All I could think about was Holland.  No one voluntarily goes to Holland, so it seems.  I cried and had myself a little pity party on the couch.  

I vowed right then and there that when the time comes that Lydia is old enough to enjoy it, we are going to Italy.  She deserves Italy.  She deserves anywhere she wants to go.  And I'm going to do my best to get her there.  So, add another savings account to the bank because we need to get the girl through college, pay for a wedding someday and the biggest trip to Italy you have ever seen.  We may even stop by Holland on the way home.    

230 apnea alarm, she's fine
235 diaper check, change it
239 asleep, not really but I tried
245 feeding alarm goes off, time to get a bottle
250 time to measure and give her meds
256 apnea alarm, she's fine
258 suction her trach
302 Check Facebook - mistake!
305 Checking Facebook - tears!
307 apnea alarm, she's fine
310 refill humidifier water
314 asleep, not really but I tried
320 diaper check, change it
324 apnea alarm, she's fine
326 suction her trach
341 apnea alarm, she's fine
345 apnea alarm, she's fine
349 asleep, not really but I tried



1 comment:

  1. Bravo to you for being selective on the nurses (mom's always know best!)- Lydia probably was giggling inside because she got to have to mommy all to herself :)

    ReplyDelete

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...