Friday, June 12, 2015

38 Hours Later

We checked into hotel Children's Mercy at 8:00pm Wednesday, June 10.  Nice room with a view and the world's most uncomfortable birthing bed.  The doctor on call was kind enough to let me have soft foods on Thursday morning since I hadn't eaten since noon the day before.  I ordered chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes and gravy, and applesauce.  Yummo!  Induction really begun around noon on Thursday, June 11.  In the evening I had chicken broth, an orange jello cup and cherry popsicles.  Luckily, I have a thing for orange jello and popsicles.  The chicken broth tastes like the seasoning packet in Ramen noodles.  It's divine, I'm serious.  I love that stuff.  Dan now expects us to save money for Lydia's college fund by my going on a Ramen Noodle diet.      

I've been on Pitocin, very slowly upping the dose, since noon on June 11.  We could go faster, but then we run the risk of stressing out Miss Lydia or me.  Since Lydia will have after birth complications, we're taking things extremely slowly to keep everyone safe.  It's a long, slow, boring process, but we're passing the time.  I've almost finished one book, I'm playing a lot of solitaire, and we're watching substantial amounts of TV.  Oh how I wish the Royals v. Cardinals series would start today.  

That's about all we have to report.  Here's hoping for more jello and popsicles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...