Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 18th is fast approaching

June 18th was Lydia's due date.  We almost made it.  Dr. Bennett thought we'd miss it by a mile.  

Last year on June 8th I wrote about having too much amniotic fluid, almost double what it should be.  This worried the Fetal Health Center nurses and Dr. Bennett.  Everyone was warning us and telling us what to do if Lydia came early.  No fear, that little girl wasn't going anywhere.  

It was a real fear though.  Lydia need to be as big as possible so that her heart surgery could happen sooner rather than later.  I was instructed to sit as much as possible, keep my feet up, have a lot of couch time, etc.  So today was the day I stopped going to work.  Instead I sat at home eating Jamoca Almond Fudge icecream sundaes and writing employee appraisals.  

I was going to be induced on June 10th, but no one believed I'd make it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...