Friday, November 20, 2020

Growth Hormone Therapy: November 2020

We began growth hormone therapy on Thursday, October 15.  I was trained in our home by Nurse Christy and I later trained Dan.  The first few nights I had to wrestle Lydia down and hold her to give the injection.  She became more curious as the days went on and still has some anxiety but it's waning. 

She is tired. She is hungry. She is growing. We are now at 5 weeks or 30 days of shots.

Lydia likes to "call the shot" and tell me where she is getting it each evening.  Back of arms, top of thighs or in her rear end.  She likes to call "butt!"  Lydia now wipes the skin with the alcohol wipe before I give the shot.  She makes fake crying noises the second I start but once I poke her she stops.

Poke. Push. Wait for the click. Count to six. Done. Repeat 6 days a week.

Lydia is so proud of herself and excited to be growing. She's my hero.  Her face is maturing, a mother can tell.  Her confidence is growing, as well as her stamina and endurance.  She used to ask me to carry her by the time we reached the stop sign headed towards school.  She now walks all the way to school with her backpack on.  She runs home from school with boundless energy.

We made the right decision. 30 days. 1/2 inch. 3 pounds.

October 15, 2020 :: 5 years 4 months :: 38" :: 30 lbs

November 19, 2020 :: 5 years 5 months :: 38.5" :: 33 lbs





No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...