Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Mom's hysterical laughter


It was a slushy drive to work this morning, took nearly an hour because the highway was backed up and I picked the busiest side street in Olathe to pick up a different highway.  Oh well.

I was creeping along and was thinking about the post I wrote last night, this paragraph in particular:

"Dr. Shah will spend this week consulting with the other cardiologists that know and follow Lydia.  He will also consult her heart surgeon.  There are three possible things that could happen and I just have a feeling it's going to be option 3 by the way he presented this."

And then I said out loud to no one, "My 6 and a half month old daughter has a heart surgeon. WTF?"  Except I'm pretty sure I said the whole expletive and then I laughed.  I laughed.  I don't want to cry yet.  I'll do enough of that when this all becomes a reality.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kinsley! I will be praying for wisdom for the cardiologists and surgeons as they review Lydia's information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to have a heart surgeon than a toe surgeon since she needs a heart surgeon.

    ReplyDelete

Inside Out: Lydia's Version

Anxiety - yep, about most things. Envy - uh huh, and wondering why she's different. (scars, treatments, growth hormone shots, CPAP, IE...